Thursday, November 17, 2011

How my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic mobile phone said goodbye

How My Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Mobile Phone Said Goodbye


Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

Oh My God! That was the phrase I uttered as soon as I was seated inside a bus on February 16, 2010. I can’t believe that my leader bag was opened. The first thing the came into my mind was my mobile phone. I panicked and with trembling hands, I’ve searched for my mobile phones in the pocket at the outermost compartment of the bag.  My N70 was still there but my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic was gone. I can’t explain my feelings at that time.  I felt my blood rushing out of my body and I was left fully drained of energy.  This was the first time I felt such in my life. I’ve took another look inside my bag.  Thanks God, my wallet was still there.  I tried pulling it out from another pocket next to the one where I put my mobile phones.  But I could hardly pull it out because the size of the wallet tightly fit the pocket.  That’s the reason why the magical hand was not able to take it out. I took a very deep breath and was idle in deafening silence for a moment.  I have to compose myself and think what to do next.

It’s my routine to wait for the big boss to arrive in the office between 6:00 to 8:00 in the evening.  We have to meet for an ordinary conversation on the business operations, serious discussion if there are problems and/or strategic planning.  We usually leave the office by 8:00 or 10:00 P.M., the latest. The driver would drop me off at the main highway intersection.  I prefer that place because I can ride a bus smoothly from that busy spot.  I can choose a seat near the door of the bus for there are few riders inside compared to the next bus-stop.

I have to cross the highway because I’ll be riding a bus going to the North. It’s quite an exercising walk as it’s more than 200 meters away from the bus-stop.  The step pacing is also fast as soon as the traffic lights turn green.  I was always vigilant in that place because several times already that I have seen jewelry snatching there. To be safe, I don’t wear my gold necklace and bracelet anymore. Anyways, silver and white gold are more “in” these days. I feel more fashionable in white metal jewelry “:)”.

I was rushing together with the flow of the crowd crossing the highway.  My focus when I reached the other side was on the signboards of the buses. I tried to remember every inch of that moment for any untoward instances while I was having my running walk steps crossing the highway pedestrian.  Ordinarily, there as nothing so usual but as I go deeper reminiscing the whole scenario, I was so amazed how their magical hands and their simple strategy had victimized me.

My baggage was heavy because of the laptop and its charger and several stuffs therein. While I was half running crossing the highway, several times I felt slight bumps from other guys walking almost side by side.  I did not mind as I thought everybody is also rushing.  As I remembered, I felt that my heavy bag clanged at my right shoulders lightened.  When I looked back I saw a young man (on his 20s) but he was a meter away from me. I never stopped walking and when I look straight again on my direction, another guy cut cross my way but I did mind him and just turned half sideway to avoid him.  The scene happened thrice as far as I can remember. I was blocked three times.  Maybe when I was first blocked, the guy at the back was already able to open my bag and got my mobile phone.  The succeeding attempts were for my phone and my wallet that he saw when he opened the bag. Or maybe for any other valuable stuff he has touched when he picked pocket my cellular phone.  The role other three guys were to catch attention and give way for the pick-pocketer at the back without my notice. They have done it skillfully.  Although I have somehow sensed it, still I was not aware that something has already been taken away from my belongings.  I’ll be extra careful next time… only if…..

That mobile was bought by my son’s mom as a gift for him being in the top ten in his class.  However, he made it to the 6th place on the 4th grading (he was only ranked 8th in the 3rd grading); he then requested for an apple iphone instead.  Since, she has bought it already; she asked me during our phone conversation if I like it.  I simply said, any model would be OK for me. That’s the story how it landed on my hand.

I miss that mobile phone so much.  I conveniently used it as camera rather than the digital camera I have.  I was more than satisfied by all its captured photos and videos.  It also served as my music lullaby at night and alarm clock in the morning.  I don’t have to mention all the valuable specs I was able to maximized using.  I had all-in-one gadget with that phone.  It’s not mine anymore….. Sigh>>>>>>>.





No comments:

Post a Comment