Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Packard Bell Easy Note GN45 Skype Edition

 My Packard Bell Easy Note GN45 Skype Edition


Packard Bell Easy Note GN45 Skype Edition

In year 2003, when chatting was on its booming stage, I started dreaming having my own computer set and most especially a laptop.  However, only those who are well off and earning enough can afford to have one for themselves and their families.


During Saturdays, it’s my habit visiting surplus shops, computer and electronic shops in the nearby malls; just for window shopping as still I can’t afford to buy one for myself. But I am always wondering; how does it feel to have your own computer, doing anything you wanted with privacy.

After office hours, I stay a bit late in the office to chat and make the assignments of my son that need to be researched on the net and printed for submission the next morning because, it’s the deadline date.  My son is afraid to seek my help with his assignments ahead to time as he will be surely scolded.  He knows I am busy with my work.  He will wait for the day before the deadline and then he will request his Auntie to be his spokesperson so that I have no choice but to look promptly for the solution.

March of 2006, we got our first computer but without printer.  Everyone is very happy at home.  My son’s mom bought this computer in order to help him in his assignment for the coming school year.  That’s why I tried to have internet connection May of 2006 just in time with opening of classes in June.  We have all the time to work and play on different applications, research on the internet and chat to friend and relatives.

One night, I got an SMS text message from unknown person.  She wants to be a pal, a chat mate and new friend.  I don’t believe on her at first, but she said that I’ll trust her.  As a test, she asked for the complete name and address in order to send me a $100 bucks.  The next morning, I got another text message with the Western Union Tracking #; she did what she as promised.  From then and on, we chat and exchange text messages every night. It was a pure and sincere friendship from a woman working from a far.  She’s very homesick maybe and she found someone to confide in me.

One night in November of 2007, I complained to her that my right hand was numbed because of writing draft of correspondences in the office and I really need to have a laptop. She asked me “Do you want to have one?” I said “Yes, it will help me a lot”.  “OK” she said.  “I will send you money as soon as I get my salary this month” She said without any signs of hesitation. “But, my capacity is only up to a $1000 bucks, if the cost exceeds, you just find ways to raise the balance.” She added. I said “No, the amount is big to be deducted from your budget”. “Hmmnnnn, he’s ashamed!…:D” she kidded. “You need it, you’ll have it.  Just wait for the tracking #, I’ll text you as soon as I have sent the amount”. I did not contest nor argued anymore.  If God permits, I’ll have it as a gift from Him thru her kindness.

In December of 2007, I received a text message with the tracking number. She sent me the promised $1000.  I immediately decided to canvass laptop online from variety of models and brands.  It was so hard because the budget is tight.  Of course, I can’t afford MAC, though the wide screen and thinness keeps me dreaming for this brand.  Dell and Sony, Toshiba, etc. are too high my budget.  I end up comparing the specs of an Acer Model and Packard Bell Easy Note GN45.  Since I am always fascinated to German Technology, I’ve chosen Packard Bell with the hereunder specs, although the brand is not known here.  I have not even seen anyone using this brand.  One time, our principal from the middles east visited our office and he was using a most recent model of Packard Bell.  I told him, “you have a good taste” he smiled at me.  It was only a consolation for the preference I made. :D
                                                           

Here are the specs of the Packard Bell Easy Note GN45:


The Processor is Core 2 Duo, Intel 945GM Motherboard chipset, T5500 Processor at speed of 1.66GHz  and Centrino
  • For connectivity, it has: Ports 4 X USB2.0; FireWire; RJ11 (modem); RJ45 (Ethernet); VGA out; S-video out; Modem56K data/fax; Built-in devices1x Express Card slot; Wireless LAN 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g; Bluetooth and Built in Webcam
  • For Display features: Graphics hardware Intel GMA 950; Amt of video RAM128MB; LCD technology Transflective TFT; Diagonal screen size14 inch
  • For Memory/Storage: Optical drive VD Writer; Card Reader D, MMC, MS, MS Pro; Amt of RAM512 MB; Hard drive 80 GB
  • Multimedia: Sound hardware Integrated audio; 2 x speakers; Jacks mic-in, earphone-out
  • The Operating system is Win XP Home as suggested by our computer technician as Vista according to him is slower.
  • Warranty1-year warranty
  • 2 kg Weight w/battery


This laptop has already been re-formatted for three (3x) times because of viruses acquired online.  Its speed and efficiency has slowed down. Its battery cannot anymore last for an hour. This is so maybe because of the wear and tear of the equipment. My laptop is on operation for more or less 15 hours a day and for over three years now.

It has given me lots of help and comfort in my work.  I can easily draft communication and reports to my clients; and automatically receive their reply as well. Since we are interconnected by LAN in our office, my staff can immediately send me my needed reports. Although I have not fully explored and maximized the laptop computer, yet I am very satisfied acquiring and owning this computer.

This laptop is a gift from God which was given to me through a person whom I have not known so well even until now.  From the ease and comfort it has given me in my work, this has also brought thousands of dollars with my earnings in Hubpages and Google Adsense.

I made this blog for the unspoken gratitude.  But, I will not give an end to this story…… :)
Packard Bell Easy Note GN45 Skype Edition

                           

                           


No comments:

Post a Comment